Please help me welcome C.B. Clark with the moments that changed her life, and her new release, BROKEN TRUST…
10 Moments That Changed My Life by C.B. Clark
- Northern Living. When I was a child, my family moved to a small town north of the Arctic Circle. Moving to one of the most remote areas of Canada was a drastic culture change from the city where I was born. We faced permafrost, swarms of blackflies, freezing temperatures, twenty-four hours of daylight in the summer, and almost continual darkness in the winter. But there was also the stark beauty of the taiga, the three billion year old rocks of the Canadian Shield, and the stunning Northern Lights. The experience helped shape me into the person I am today.
- The study of the remains of ancient civilizations has always fascinated me. I graduated with a degree in Archaeology and worked on several excavations and archaeological surveys across northern British Columbia.
- My impulsive whim to take an education course turned into a lifelong passion for teaching both children and adults.
- Meeting my husband. What more can I say? He’s my everything.
- Losing my voice. Due to complications from surgery, one of my vocal chords was paralyzed. Before I had an implant, I was only able to talk in hoarse whispers. Since I couldn’t work, and with all the free time, I decided to try writing. Now, I have four romantic suspense novels published by The Wild Rose Press.
- The births of my son and daughter. To give birth to two healthy children who have gone on in life to be successful adults is one of my life’s treasures.
- First publishing contract. I’ll never forget the moment I found out a real-life publisher was offering me an actual contract. Euphoria! And the feeling continues with each contract offer.
- Travelling the world. I’ve been blessed to be able to travel to many exotic and remote places on this Earth. I just returned from a hiking trip in Patagonia. The people I’ve met on my travels and the sights I’ve seen have changed me. I now have a greater understanding of our differences and similarities.
- I have a beautiful granddaughter and twin, infant grandsons. No responsibility, just fun.
- Buying my first canoe. More than thirty years later, I still have that canoe. It’s battered and dented, the shiny aluminum finish tarnished, but the canoe is filled with treasured memories of rivers and lakes paddled, and adventures and misadventures in the wilderness.
After five years of hell with an abusive husband, Natasha Hartford vows never to trust another man. Then she stumbles onto a murder scene and meets sexy, stubborn Homicide Detective Chase Brandon, a take-no-prisoners tough guy who’ll settle for nothing less than the truth. Sparks fly, but Chase’s suspicions and Natasha’s innate distrust block the way to happiness.
The detective struggles with his own troubled past and is determined to find the truth behind the shadows dimming Natasha’s eyes. As more murders occur and a possible connection to her ex-husband appears, Chase fears her life is in danger.
Natasha and Chase race to find the killer before he strikes again. Their survival depends on their willingness to overcome their mistrust of one another. Will they overcome their fears and find love again?
The thick carpet muted the tapping of her high heels as she fled through the reception area and down the hall to the elevators. In spite of her cowardly retreat, she wanted to shout in triumph. She’d been terrified of angering the surly detective, but she’d dragged up her courage and told him what she thought. Blood buzzed through her veins, fueled by the adrenaline rush. Damn. It was good to have her old fire back.
She glanced down a short corridor on her left and stumbled to a stop. How had she missed the ropes of yellow police tape blocking the entry to one of the rooms? Her breath hitched in her throat. That must be where the grisly crime had occurred.
The shocking truth struck her like a blow—Jonas Waverley was dead. Murdered in cold blood. She staggered and grabbed onto the wall.
“Ms. Hartford, wait.”
She glanced back.
Detective Brandon strode along the corridor toward her, his long legs eating up the distance, a determined expression on his face.
Her earlier spurt of courage vanished, and she whirled and dashed toward the bank of elevators. Chest heaving, heart pounding, she hit the button for the elevator, jabbing it again and again.
“Look, I’m sorry,” he said, catching up. “I was hard on you, but I’m just doing my job. A man was murdered.” He rubbed the back of his neck. “I have to examine every possible lead, question every person of interest.”
She shuddered and stabbed the down button again. Person of interest? Her? She was a person of interest in a murder investigation?
“Can we go somewhere and talk?”
She shot him a look, making it clear what she thought of his suggestion.
He lifted one shoulder. “Maybe we could grab a coffee? I have a few more questions I’d like to ask.”
The elevator pinged, and the doors opened with a hiss, revealing a middle-aged man and an elderly woman who stared at them with vague interest.
Natasha stumbled toward the elevator.
Detective Brandon grabbed her arm, holding her back. “Ms. Hartford, wait.”
Warmth from his large tanned hand seeped through the thin material of her raincoat and raised goose bumps on her arm. “Let me go.” Her voice was shrill with rising hysteria. She tugged, but he held on, his grip tightening.
The Wild Rose Press:
Broken Trust is award-winning author, C.B. Clark’s fourth romantic suspense novel published by The Wild Rose Press. My Brother’s Sins and Cherished Secrets were released in 2016, and Bitter Legacy in 2017. C.B. has always loved reading, especially romances, but it wasn’t until she lost her voice for a year that she considered writing her own romantic suspense stories. She grew up in Canada’s Northwest Territories and Yukon. Graduating with a degree in Anthropology and Archaeology, she has worked as an archaeologist and an educator. She enjoys hiking, canoeing, and snowshoeing with her husband and dog near her home in the wilderness of central British Columbia.
Social Media Links:
Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15029617.C_B_Clark