I love to host other authors on my blog, and I love to host people other than authors. So…if you would like to be a guest on my blog, choose one of the listed types of spots, read the instructions carefully, then fill out the form below. Or email me at Alicia@AliciaDean.com with the subject line: Blog Guest Spot and let me know in the body of the email the type of blog you’re interested in and 3 preferred dates. (Click here for a calendar showing dates available (please list 3 dates in case your chosen date is already taken by the time I see your email): Alicia Dean Blog Calendar )
1) Author Interview: I have a list of interview questions I can send you, or you can answer your own interview questions. (Click here to see the questions. A Word document for you to complete will be sent to you if you choose this option)
2) 10 Moments That Changed My Life: Provide a list of 10 moments that had a big impact on your life, from infancy to present day. Please be fairly brief; do not write paragraph after paragraph about each event. Perhaps one brief paragraph per event will suffice. You may also include a few related images. Here is an example of a 10 Moments post:
3) Free Write: Write a blog post on any topic. Objectionable material will not be accepted. Approval of all posts is at my discretion.
4) Spotlight, cover reveal, etc. If there is a type of guest post you’d like to do that is not covered here, please contact me and let me know, and I will attempt to accommodate you.
5) ANTHOLOGY OR SERIES ~ If you are part of an anthology or series and would like a guest spot to feature more than one book, I am happy to host you. Something specific I offer is for each author to provide the below…
- A three line blurb
- A few favorite lines from the story
- A fun fact about you or the story
- What was the most difficult thing about writing in conjunction with the other authors
- What was the best thing about writing in conjunction with other authors
- Each author would provide a cover, buy link, and a few contact links. If you have an image or cover for the boxed set/series/anthology, you can provide that as well.
IMPORTANT – Please read the instructions:
When I contact you to schedule your guest spot…(I will list these in the email I send, but just an FYI)
Provide the information ALL IN ONE DOCUMENT, and attach any images you wish me to use, including an author photo (or insert them in the document – book covers should be appx 400 x 600 or larger). Please provide the info no later than two days before your scheduled blog, preferably sooner. Please use the subject line:
Author Name – ‘Blog post’ – Month & Day of scheduled blog appearance
For example: Alicia Dean Blog Post July 1
PLEASE do not send several images and documents and ask me to ‘use whatever I’d like’ – What I’d like is for you to send me the exact post, as you want it to appear. 🙂
The document should contain the following information, in this order:
- Author Name and Book Title
- Blog post info (interview, free write, etc) and giveaway info and reader question, if applicable
- Excerpt* (no more than 500 words, the shorter the better – I am happy to feature Erotic books, but the excerpt should not be very explicit)
- Buy link(s) (and price if you’d like)
- Contact links
- Include at least 5 ‘tags’ or key words SEPARATED BY COMMAS. They can be phrases, rather than just one word, i.e. Romantic Suspense, Award Winning Author, The Wild Rose Press, etc.
*These are optional as is an author photo
In order to choose a date, provide your preferred dates (3 to 5) in the comment section. If none of your dates are available, I will find a date as close to your preference as possible. Once we’ve settled on a date, I will request the info. Please include the scheduled date of the post in the subject line of the email you send.
If you’d like to do a giveaway, you’re welcome to. You could give a copy of your book or a gift card, or whatever. Or, not do one. Some authors like to and some do not. 🙂 If you choose to do a giveaway, let me know the following:
- How you wish people to enter; answering a question you pose at the end of your blog or simply commenting
- Will you choose the winner or will I?
- What day (or how many days after the blog) would you like the winner to be chosen.