Please welcome today’s guest, Mary Morgan. She’s sharing the moments that changed her life and her latest release, Dragon Knight’s Shield from The Wild Rose Press…
- My first airplane ride at 13 years. A fascination with traveling started on that first trip. Afterwards, I viewed airports as gateways to the world.
- The birth of my daughter at 16 years. Becoming a teenage mom turned my world upside down. I did not know it at the time, but she would be a powerful force in my life. I am grateful every day for this beautiful soul.
- Meeting my future husband on my first job interview. I took a leap of faith by going on this interview. The moment I stepped through those doors, the stars exploded. Yes, I believe in love at first sight. It happened with both of us!
- Planting my first garden twenty-two years ago. Gardening gave me such joy and a sense of peace. To this day, I still get excited over the first new tomato or rose.
- The birth of my first grandchild. The joy of becoming a grandmother was beyond my expectations. I learned to play in a completely different way than I did with my children.
- Taking a position as a bookseller with Borders Books. Previously, I worked for banks, advertising agencies, and in escrow. Yet, this was the most rewarding job ever. In addition, I met so many great people.
- My first trip to Scotland, Ireland, and England. I will never forget when my feet touched the ground in these countries. It was a déjà-vu moment. I left a piece of my soul in each of these places. Also, my ideas for the Dragon Knights started on a boulder in the Highlands.
- Turning 50! I truly came into my own as a woman. I loved each new decade I entered, but when I turned 50, the world opened up for me. I will be forever learning, but I’m more at ease with life.
- Finishing my first book. It was an overwhelming sense of accomplishment.
- Getting my first contract with The Wild Rose Press. I knew with each rejection letter I received, the right “fit” for a publisher would come my way. I never gave up.
Love this! What joyful moments. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
And now, check out Mary’s book…
Angus MacKay, leader of the Dragon Knights, failed his brothers and his clan upon the death of his sister. Now he must fight the darkness of despair tempting his soul. Back on Scottish soil, he comes face to face with Deirdre who can wield a sword as mightily as his warriors, and takes her captive. Yet, with each passing day, the fire dragon inside him roars to claim the one woman fate has destined for him.
Famed mystery writer, Deirdre Flanagan, is unprepared for the next chapter in her life. On a vacation to Scotland, she steps through the mists and enters into a skirmish alongside a Highlander. However, the fight has only begun, and now she must battle Angus as well as evil in order to claim the love of this Dragon Knight.
Will their love be powerful enough to shield them from danger, or burn them to ashes?
His look was predatory, lustful, inviting, and she took a step backward. Words failed her as she took another step back.
He arched a brow and his smile became seductive. “Do I frighten ye?”
“No!” she lied. Like hell you do! You’re as gorgeous as sin standing there, and I want to rip your clothes from your body.
Pushing off from the wall, he stepped into the room and silently closed the door behind him, his eyes never leaving hers. His hair hung in soft waves past his shoulders, and her fingers itched to twine within them. Her body ached in places so deep—longing for even the slightest touch.
“Are ye unwell, my lady?”
The burr of his voice so low—so sexy, she could only stare at him until his words resonated in her mind. “No,” she replied softly, feeling the flames of desire heat not only her face, but also her entire body.
This time when he took another step closer, Deirdre didn’t back away. Now he stood so close she could feel the warmth of his breath across her face—a mix of wine and pure male.
She watched mesmerized as he reached for a lock of her hair, twining it around his finger. “So verra soft.”
Deirdre couldn’t breathe, as he let the curl unravel and cupped her face in his hands. “Ye confuse me. Ye torment me in my dreams,” he whispered against her cheek, sending a wave of pleasure down her spine.
Without thought, she groaned and leaned into him—his beard grazing her cheek. She no longer battled her mind for the man. “Kiss me, Angus.”
MORE ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Scottish paranormal romance author, Mary Morgan resides in Northern California, with her own knight in shining armor. However, during her travels to Scotland, England, and Ireland, she left a part of her soul in one of these countries and vows to return.
Mary’s passion for books started at an early age along with an overactive imagination. She spent far too much time daydreaming and was told quite often to remove her head from the clouds. It wasn’t until the closure of Borders Books where Mary worked that she found her true calling–writing romance. Now, the worlds she created in her mind are coming to life within her stories.
You can find more information about Mary Morgan here:
Amazon Author Page http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Morgan/e/B00KPE3NWI/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1