Please help me welcome Robin Michaela with the moments that changed her life, and her new release, BABY, THAT’S THE SPIRIT!
10 Moments That Changed My Life by Robin Michaela
- Getting married the first time. I was wayyyy too young (I was 19 and he was 20), but we came from the era before everyone lived together – you had to get married, it was horrible if you “lived in sin”! Eventually, we grew apart, but we’re still friends and we got two wonderful children out of the deal.
- Giving birth to my son. It took me a while to get pregnant, so finally holding him in my arms was such a blessing!
- Going to work for a dentist. Sounds weird, right? But I had been changing jobs every year or two, trying to find out where I “fit.” No one in my family had been to college and I wasn’t qualified for a professional type of job, so this allowed me to be in a health-related field without the schooling (that comes later – see #6).
- Giving birth to my daughter – blessing number two!
- Moving to Colorado. I was born and raised in Florida, so when we moved to the majestic Rocky Mountains, I was hooked on the beauty of the state. It was awesome to see Pikes Peak every day of the year.
- Graduating from dental hygiene school. After we moved to Colorado, my first husband and I divorced. I was still working in the dental field as a receptionist and my boss encouraged me to go to college to get my dental hygiene degree. I worked full time while attending college at night and raising two kids as a single mom. Then, when I was accepted into the program, I went to school full time and worked part time for the dentist, doing his bookkeeping at night. Trust me, there were a lot of ramen dinners and penny pinching! All the sacrifice was worth it, though. This is my twentieth year as a practicing dental hygienist.
- Meeting my handsome prince. He was in the Air Force and stationed overseas with a friend of mine from my neighborhood. They maintained their friendship after they were reassigned and, three years later, my now-husband was stationed in Colorado, where he hung out with our mutual friends. They thought we would be perfect for each other and introduced us. We were married ten weeks after our first date (yes, you read that correctly!) and we’re still head-over-heels for each other seventeen years later.
- Having a romance author as a patient. One of my patients writes for Harlequin’s Kimani line. She encouraged me to pick my writing back up again (I’d written a historical romance years ago and gotten some interest from a publisher, but I was going through my divorce, so I’d never followed up). I’ve been hard at work ever since.
- Losing my parents. I’ve lost both of my parents in the past four years (my dad passed earlier this year). It’s very strange not to have them around on holidays and birthdays or for important events, like my daughter’s wedding.
- Publishing my first book last year!
Oh my gosh, Robin – Fascinating!! It’s interesting how the paths we take in our lives can lead to new and wonderful roads we never expected. Your meeting with your future husband and your taking the job that resulted in launching your writing career. Fortunate choices! I’m sorry about your parents, I know that must be difficult. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your debut novel!!
When free-spirited clairvoyant, Amethyst Raines, comes to Sweetness to tell fortunes at the fall festival, she crosses circuits with hunky contractor, Adam Burkett. While she’s drawn to him, she has no intention of getting involved with the sexy single dad. The problem is, she has a message for him from beyond the grave…and, she’d deliver it, if she could just get the infuriating man to believe she can speak with the dead.
Cynical skeptic Adam is tired of deceitful women. All he wants to do is finish out his job contract and settle his beloved grandmother’s estate before saying good-bye to Sweetness forever. And, he’s definitely not going to be tempted by a woman who claims she can talk to spirits. But when his little girl goes missing, Adam will do anything to find her, including putting his faith in the seductive medium he can’t seem to resist.
She’s trying to solve a century-old secret; he’s trying to find his daughter. If they can work together, their relationship just might stand a ghost of a chance.
Hell, if she affected him this much after two days, it would be stupid to spend any more time with her. He was selling Nana Millie’s property and going west. Amethyst was heading to Florida for another fair in less than a month. Nothing could come from his attraction to her. If Adam had the good sense God gave a flea, he would just get through the corn maze, make it an early evening, and put her out of his mind.
He’d have given that particular idea a good shot, too, except she grabbed his hand. “C’mon, let’s see if we can beat them to the finish,” she said, pointing to Beau and Jenna who were already turning the corner at the end of the first row of the maze.
At her touch, that weird tingling sensation snaked through his fingertips again before shooting straight up his arm and ricocheting straight down to his groin.
Her eyes went wide and her lips formed a surprised circle. Which made Adam start thinking about what she would taste like if he kissed her.
$1.99 on Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076B56V9J
Robin Michaela has been reading romances since her teen years, when she first snuck her aunt’s copy of The Flame and the Flower, by Kathleen Woodiwiss. She’s married to her own Handsome Prince (a military airman) and has lived everywhere from the sunny shores of Florida to the wild crags of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. She currently resides in the Deep South. By day, she’s a dental hygienist and by night, Robin can be found eating chocolate, training for her next half marathon, and crafting her next novel (although not necessarily in that order).
Robin’s stories have been called “a simply delicious escape”. Sparks fly and desire sizzles when her irresistible heroines challenge the men of their dreams.
Robin loves to hear from readers. Connect with her at:
Amazon Author page (https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B01N1MUNAL)