Please help me welcome Lacey Hill, sharing…
10 Moments That Changed My Life – By Elle at Home blogger Lacey Hill
- Spending two years in Bahrain with my grandparents when my father was deployed to Egypt. We learned so much about middle eastern culture, and the experience will be in my heart forever. I will always remember the museums, learning about the pearl divers, and the appreciation that I gained for the entire culture.
- Discovering The Babysitter’s Club books when I was in elementary school. Reading quickly became my favorite escape and once I finished the entire BC series, I moved on to any and every book that I could get my hands on. To this day, I love to read and my knowledge has grown vastly thanks to my love for books.
- Moving with my father, sister, and brother to Alaska when I was 11. My father was in the Army and this was the furthest we had PCSed (Permanent Change of Station) away. We took a road trip with our grandparents in a huge King of the Road camper and experienced America and Canada in the most amazing cross country trip. Highlights: Yellowstone and the witnessing Aurora Borealis.
- When my father met my mother in Alaska. She is technically my step-mother, but she raised me since I was 11 and has been an amazing mother to me. Our family became whole when she brought my new sister and brother into our fold, making us a family of 7. Little did I know that 15 years later they would adopt my three youngest sisters, making us a family of 10!
- Moving to North Carolina where I spent my 4 high school years and met my future husband, who I’ve been with for 14 years. This was the longest that we stayed in one place during my school years and I am so grateful that I got the entire High School experience in one place! I still talk to friends from school and I remember those 4 years so fondly.
- My first year in college, where I started figuring out who I really was. I lived a fairly sheltered life, and I never got the freedom that many of my friends did. That’s probably for the best, since I stayed out of trouble for the most part. College was my first experience with people from all over the world and my first foray into FREEDOM. I learned a lot about my strengths, weaknesses, and loves when I got out on my own.
- Apartment hunting! When my husband and I searched for our first apartment, we had such a great experience with the Leasing Agent. She told me that they were hiring for another Leasing Agent and the rest is history! My career was started 9 years ago and since then I’ve been promoted three times to my current position. It’s changed our lives for the better and having a stable career is something that I’m so thankful for.
- Having my children. Becoming a mother changes everything about your life, and my experience was no exception. I’ve grown so much through the years and the births of my two children. I’m so grateful that I’ve been given the gift of motherhood and I know that my life is better because of my children.
- Reuniting with my sisters. I have two half-sisters who live on opposite sides of the country, and who I never thought that I would see or speak to again. When we were all grown, my sister and I and two half-sisters all found each other through Facebook and we are a solid foursome of female power. I had such a realistic and powerful dream about the four of us that I’m now writing a book about it.
- Discovering blogs through Pinterest. I’ve always loved writing but I never had an outlet before. When I was pregnant with my son, I discovered a mommy blog on Pinterest and I quickly became emerged in the world of parenting, style, beauty, and lifestyle blogs that helped me branch out my own tastes and hobbies and rally just further enriched my life. I started my own blog http://www.elleathome.com in 2016 and I’ve loved every minute of it.
Wow…those are some incredible moments! You’ve had an amazing life. Thank you so much for joing me today! I took a quick peek at your blog, and I plan to go back and spend more time. It’s fabulous!
5 responses to ““10 Moments That Changed My Life” by Elle at Home blogger Lacey Hill”
Wow, you’ve traveled as much as I have stayed in one place. LOL Interesting reading you Moments! Will stop by to gander at your blog later today! Have a fabulous day!
Thank you so much Tena!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
What wonderful experiences you’ve had. How wonderful you were able to connect with your sisters.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, it was one of the best moments of my life!
Pingback: Guest Blogging - 10 Moments That Changed My Life ⋆ ELLE AT HOME