I’d like to welcome Linda Andrews, who is sharing her new Christmas release and a Christmas trivia game.
Find the answers at the end of the post and let us know the number you got correct in the comments to be entered in a drawing for an ebook copy of A Gift from St. Nick or The Christmas Ship.
- What was the first Christmas movie ever made?
a) Miracle on 34th Street
b) It’s a Wonderful Life
c) Santa Claus
d) Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus
- Which novel was published earliest?
a) A Christmas Carol
b) Account of a Visit from St. Nicholas (The Night Before Christmas)
c) The Greatest Gift (It’s a Wonderful Life)
d) Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus (editorial)
- Where were the first glass ornaments created?
d) United States
- Before tinsel was used to decorate Christmas trees, it was used to decorate:
c) Ceilings and bannisters
- Artificial Christmas trees were invented in the late 1800s. They were made of:
c) Toilet Brushes
- The Englishman, John Calcott Horsley, popularized the Christmas greeting card in:
- When did Christmas become an official American holiday?
- When did Coca-Cola introduce the iconic image of the friendly, jolly Santa Claus?
- Which Christmas Carol was written first?
a) Silent Night
b) Good King Wenceslas
c) Away in a Manger
d) Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- When did St. Nicholas’s Christmas ride first become pulled by reindeer?
Hans Lubeck lost his birthright to a woman’s deceitful games. Ten years later, he’s on the cusp of fulfilling his dream of captaining his own ship. And another woman could jeopardize everything.
Schoolteacher Lenore Kerrigan devotes her time to her pupils and good works. She has no use for a man or the damage he could do to her reputation.
But this holiday season, fate and an island of matchmakers have other plans. Will they accept the gift of a lifetime, or will the past steal away any chance at happiness?
Buy Link – Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gift-St-Nick-Historical-Romance-ebook/dp/B00P76LL3C/
Find Linda Here:
Answers to Trivia Questions:
1. c, it was made in 1898 by British filmmaker George Albert Smith 2. b first published in 1823 3. c Germany is credited with creating the first glass ornaments in the late 1500s. 4. a. Sculptures. Tinsel was later added to trees to reflect the candlelights. 5. d. Feathers, although in the 1930’s a toilet brush company made an artificial tree using the same equipment as their brushes. 6. b. 1830’s 7. a. President Ulysses S. Grant signed the bill on June 28th, 1870. 8. d. 1931, note Santa wasn’t always jolly or fat, but he usually wore a red suit. 9. a. Silent Night. The rest are in order. 10. c. 1821 in a booklet entitles, A new Year’s Present, but Washington Irving is the first known account to have Santa’s Sleigh/wagon fly in 1812.Follow Alicia Dean On...