Once students have completed the course, they may send a portion of their manuscript (up to 2,500 words) for Alicia to edit/critique.
‘The Road to Self-Publishing’ Online Course
Self-Publishing and New Release Promotion
Instructor: Alicia Dean (Contact email: Alicia@AliciaDean.com)
Alicia is an editor for an online publishing company, a freelance editor, and an author of more than 25 published works. She has given several workshops to writing groups and at conferences and has also provided one-on-one assistance to countless writers. Several of her books are self-published, and she has learned a great deal from her experiences and has honed the process into simple, doable steps.
$26.00 for 4 week course – The week of March 5, 2018 through the week of March 26, 2018
Designed to help you navigate the process of self-publishing, how to prepare ahead of time, and what to do after. NOTE: If you are considering submitting to a publisher, I highly encourage you to do so. The course can be customized to help you with a query letter, synopsis, etc, and the general lessons will still teach you things you need to know about the publishing world, writing blurbs, and promoting your new release.
Each Monday, Alicia will post a weekly lesson on the below topics. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and receive personalized assistance, including hands-on help with writing a blurb and tag line. Most of the course deals with self-publishing on Amazon, but also includes a suggestion for publishing to other venues. AND, when you are ready to self-publish down the road, Alicia will answer questions and help you through the process.
You do not need to be at your computer at any particular time. Take the course at your convenience.
Week One Lesson:
- The pre-step of self-publishing – Editing (Alicia will offer participants a discount on her already low freelance editing fees)
- The advantages, disadvantages, and ‘how to’ of making your book available for pre-order
- Formatting (or finding a formatter to do it for you)
Week Two Lesson:
- About covers – cover art recommendations, DIY, etc
- Pre-Release Promotion – When to begin, how much to do, specific steps to take
- Writing an enticing blurb and tag line (Alicia will review and make suggestions on your blurb and tag line)
Week Three Lesson:
- Choosing key words and categories. Understanding and deciding whether to use Kindle Select
- Steps to self-publish on Amazon
- Other venues to publish your work
Week Four Lesson:
- New Release Promotion
- Paying for promotion – Suggestions and warnings
- Misc wrap-up, tips, etc
Sign up now – Space is limited – Send $26.00 via PayPal to: Alicem68@aol.com and email Alicia at Alicia@AliciaDean.com with ‘SP Class’ in the subject line and provide your PayPal payment info and a link to your Facebook PROFILE so Alicia can invite you to the FB group.